Friday, February 18, 2011

The Ediamer



The seventh type in the SP system is the Ediamer, and that is pronounced eh-dee-ah-mer, with the emphasis on the third syllable. The Ediamer is the idealist who hears the whispers of deep truth and holds it for all to see. Before joining SP I created my own blog called Intuitive Whispers and I deeply resonate with this type, although that doesn’t mean that I instantly was able to appreciate the Ediamers gifts. I had some healing of my own to do before I could open up and receive the wisdom and truth the Ediamer within was whispering for everyone to hear. I find it fascinating how the Universe is always conspiring on our behalf to support us in remembering who we are as a Spiritual Being co-creating our human experiences, and the SP system is proving to be quite a powerful catalyst for this process of remembering.
Last night as I sat infront of my blank computer screen feeling creatively blocked, I received an email from my husband and the subject line was Listen. Now he has no idea of what I’m working on with SP, or how I have been silently struggling with the Ediamer type. I tend to retreat inward while I sort out whats going on at that very deep soul level within me. I suspected he was feeling my distance as I haven’t had a lot of warm and fuzzy moments of gratitude in the last couple of weeks. Last night however things started to shift rapidly. I was feeling truly grateful for the struggles involved in being alive and marvelled at the fact that the Truth of the Ediamer was surfacing through my husband the most down to earth, real world Lyremer kind of guy.
Over the years in our marriage my husband Todd has never had any problem talking, he’s a very good talker! It’s the listening that has been a challenge for him, and the talking that has been my biggest struggle. As I read last night’s email, I was slightly taken aback. He sent me a poem entitled Listen and everything I have ever expressed to him about the importance of just listening to me was summed up quite eloquently in a few little verses. Rather then celebrating the fact that he has heard me about the importance of listening and hearing his desire to connect with me on a different level. I began to wonder was this latest bump in the road that has temporarily deterred us from our marital bliss been caused by me not listening to him? I have fairly recently found my voice and freely offer my insights and opinions, and in that moment I began to really worry that I had become one of those obnoxious self absorbed people. You know the kind of person that can’t get off themselves long enough to really connect with another person.
I conciously entered into the fear and noticed how the energy of the fear itself imprisoned me. I intuitively saw how I was using my residual feelings of deep mistrust from my broken past to form very thick concrete walls around myself. It became quite clear that I was using a lot of energy in order to create and maintain that form of protection. As I felt the tightness in my chest I wondered why am I still choosing to hold onto this? I silently surrendered my thoughts into the wisdom of my Soul, by breathing deeply and shutting up long enough to hear the Truth of the Ediamer within.
In my spiritual imagination I saw myself sitting in jail with the Ediamer. The Ediamer within is the idealist of the planet, the one who holds the truth when others are lost.There I was face to face with this aspect of my personality, this energy of divine truth that is enmeshed in my very own Soul. I knew all too well about this idealist, impractical fanciful type that sees the big picture clearer than those real world dire issues that need immediate attention and rectification. I realized that I had spent quite a few years secretly hating this very profound part of myself.
Full of rage I sat in my little man made cell trying to stare down and intimidate the Ediamer, who just sat there silently accepting my presence. I then couldn’t stand it anymore and gave the Ediamer within an earful. Passionately starting many threatening sentences with how dare you and who the hell do you think you are! All the while I was dropping quite a few colourful F-bombs and the Ediamer within didn’t even flinch. The Ediamer just sat there, listening to me fully, intently and patiently. Silently and skillfully diffusing my anger by not trying to talk me out of my feelings but through listening with such deep understanding and compassion that I ended up hearing my own voice of courage. The energy of courage filled the cell and began to echo off the walls. Faith illumanated the dark and dingy room casting away the shadows that seemed so dense just seconds before. Hope then magically appeared and worked it’s way through each of the thick walls transforming them into a whimsical and transparently beautiful sanctuary. I recogonized this sacred space very well as I often now choose to hang out here.
As I looked into the eyes of the Ediamer for a brief second I felt a twinge of embarrassment that came from feeling like the cosmic village idiot. The Ediamer within, looked right through me and with a subtle nod of the head and gesturing of the hand I was clearly told that there was no reason to feel stupid or embarassed for my feelings. The Ediamer within has been with me a very long time and actually holds sight of the true me in my moments of spiritual amnesia. The Ediamer within gently spoke to me and said “Are you done telling me all about myself, so that you can actually hear what I have say about who I am?”
I experienced a deep sense of reverence for the uncondtional love emanating from this type. In that instant, I felt the core of the Ediamer within and was flooded with the profound realization that listening is not just an auditory experience. To listen without judgement and to be fully present is a sacred spiritual act that allows love to flow freely. The Ediamer within is here to remind us that listening is a multisensory and actually a multi-dimensional experience. For when we listen with our whole heart and Being love will guide and whisper to us in any moment discerning for us the illusion from the truth. The Ediamers of the world gracefully hold the candle of faith and embody this innate idealism that lights up the world. The Ediamers shine the light in order to expose the shadows from our past fears and our often grim projections onto a future that has not even happened yet. The Ediamer within reminds us very majestically yet gently to stay fully present being true to our hearts and open to the gift of unconditional Love that is eternally created within our selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment