Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Devaier


The ninth type in the SP system is the Devaier, the artist and that is pronounced dih-vai-er, with the emphasis on the second syllable. Artists don't decorate the world, they create it! The Devaier brings forth the new, creating what has never been imagined. I have been declaring to the world for the past few years that I am an Intuitive Energy Artist and I teach workshops and classes on the process of creativity. So many people believe that artists are gifted or talented and that is a very oppressive myth that stifles a lot of people’s creativity. Betty Edwards discusses this at length in her book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. I am no more so gifted in my creative potential than let’s say an accountant sitting at his desk busying his brain with numbers. The Devaier within has shown me that we are all doing the same thing whether we are aware of it or not in terms of creating our life. As for being an artist I believe the only differences between the accountant and me are a desire and relatively new found courage on my part to actually put images onto paper.
On a spiritual level we all have a desire to express the essence of that in which we are, in all our various forms, shapes, patterns, and colours. The Devaier within reminds us that we are actively creating our life with each breath we take; each thought we think each emotion we feel, each action we carry out. Every single person on the planet is a creative being. However we often are paralyzed in the trauma and drama of life feeling victimized from living in a world that on most days can just seem to be plain mean. We become desensitized in our hearts and unconscious in our minds to the level of fear that we are constantly submersed in. I’m grateful that the Devaiers have the ability to bring worldly truth to light every day as they see truth and beauty in the situations of life that we are often too wounded by to clearly see.
The Devaier within has been shining the light in my own life recently and has shown me that what seemed like a tragic fight between myself and my teenage daughter was actually an initiation dance between our souls. Offering us both an opportunity to release the ingrained patterns of pain from the past, and step fully into the present moment to make a conscious decision to love rather than to react out of fear. The Devaier within shows all of us that the everyday situations in our life are actually the raw material or medium that our soul uses to create with. As an artist I have black on my palette and it adds depth and a whole layer of dimension to my work, I suspect that God/Source uses the negative experiences in our life in that way too.
The Devaier within consistently brings me the message that in order to create my self and my life as I go, I have to be free from my past conditioning, and not be living in fear about the future. I have to step fearlessly into the void, surrender into not knowing and jump into the space of nothingness where all things are created. Fortunately for me I have the pleasure now of supporting others in venturing into the great unknown abyss where the Devaier within dwells. I have learned to trust fully that the Devaier within patiently waits for us and gently takes our hand in order to ground us in the courage we need to express freely the flow of creativity that is eternally washing over us.
One brief encounter with the Devaier within can change your life if you so choose that. The Devaier within opens up the world of imagination and enchantment the whimsical joy filled place that most of us abandoned in our early childhood. As we explore this world now through the artist’s simple brush, we can see that we have been weaving beautiful magic all along. It’s just so much more for fun to create now with the light on, and to have a deeper awareness of what we are actually doing…

No comments:

Post a Comment